Nov. 15th, 2015

cat_rood: (Default)
After much dithering back and forth, I decided to drop my public speaking course and take an art history course.

Reasons:

- I want to tutor, and public speaking was on Mondays and everything else was on Tuesday/Thursday. It cut into my tutoring time.
- I know public speaking will be offered this summer, whereas I'm not sure art history will. I need both for my degree.
- I'm putting off public speaking.
- I like having long days, and not spreading everything out over several days. So, this gives me a long day Tuesday/Thursday.

My Tuesday/Thursday is going to be long, class starts at 830, and then I have class pretty much until 2pm. Which isn't too bad, that's three classes. My fourth, as always, is online.

So, my schedule now looks like this:

8.30-9.45 Art History
10.00-11.15 American history
12.00-1.50 Stats

Lit is online.
cat_rood: (Default)
It appears that I have my Summer schedule worked out, as long as they offer the courses when I need them to.

Summer looks like this:

Comm 110: Public Speaking
EVS 120: Environmental Geology
Sociology 105: Intro to Sociology
Lit 285: Women Writers

As long as all four of them are offered this summer, that's what I'm doing. And then? I graduate. After that, I go to Miami. I'll be in their English Lit program and we'll see about it from there.

That means at least two face to face courses, and two online courses. If I have a car, this is possible. If I don't? I'll figure something out.

I should have a car, though. I plan on paying about $1500-1800 for one, and then paying a year's worth of insurance, depending on how much that costs, so it may only be six months, worth. But that'll be worth it. Having a car will eliminate a lot of the trouble I'll have this summer, having two face to face classes.

Because AJ still has his camp thing, and that's just not going to be possible on the bus, with timing and everything. Even with Peter's help. But school has to come first. I'll speak to the coordinators about it, if it becomes an issue.

If worst comes to it, AJ will not be able to go, and we'll figure something else out for the summer so both Peter and I can go to school. But, yes, car soon.

At least I hope so.

If it comes to it, again, I can put $1000 down on a car and keep the rest of the money for monthly payments, then pay for six months of insurance. At least, in theory. A lot of this is all theory talking. Which... I hate doing, but there's nothing I can do about it.

I need a car to fix all this, though.

But yeah. Hopefully, this works out.

Profile

cat_rood: (Default)
Cat Rood

October 2017

S M T W T F S
12 34567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 23rd, 2017 06:21 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios